Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm in Love! with (False) Queen Anne's Lace 'Black Knight'







It's official: I'm in love, head-over-heels, & have completely fallen for one of my 'trial' cut flowers: (False) Queen Anne's lace 'Black Knight'. It was so beautiful today that, when I arrived at the delivery location, I almost couldn't part with it!


In addition to the cut flowers listed on the wholesale availability list in quantity, I've trialed other cut flowers in smaller numbers. Some have worked out well, and made it for sale like the special Salvia, and unusual Sunflowers. Others have preformed well in the field but need tweaking in timing or handling like: annual Monarda, herbal basils, Crespedia, Cerinthe, and finally the D. 'Black Knight' (I'll have to plant more and earlier!)...live and learn...Nearing the end of the summer season, I have been hurriedly making notes about this year's crops, planning for the next, and asking for feed-back and wish-lists from florist and designers alike. In short, if you have an opinion on a crop I'd love to hear it, good or bad. Seriously. Or, if you are looking to fill a wholesale wish list, I'd love to hear from you too!


Several months ago, I received very good advice from a florist who has been in business for many years...She said (I'm paraphrasing) that to be successful in business you have to be a good listener...well, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment